Greenery is a type of foliage that is often used by florists as a filler in arrangements. It can be made up of many different types of leaves, stems, and grasses. Some popular varieties of greenery used in floral design include: baby’s breath, ferns, ivy, and eucalyptus. While greenery is often seen as a simple addition to an arrangement, it actually plays an important role in the overall design. In this blog post, we will explore the different ways that florist greenery can be used to enhance your arrangements.
What is Greenery Used for?
Greenery is often used for decoration, particularly during holidays like Christmas and Easter. It can also be used to add color and life to a room or garden.
In many cases, people will use greenery as part of their landscaping. This can involve using it to fill in gaps between other plants, or to create a border around a garden bed. Greenery can also be used on its own to create a stand-alone decoration.
The Different Types of Florist Greenery
There are many different types of florist greenery, and each has its own unique purpose. Here are just a few of the most commonly used varieties:
– Ferns: Often used as a background or accent plant in arrangements.
– Ivy: A versatile greenery that can be used as a filler, accent, or even cascading down from a hanging arrangement.
– Lemon leaf: A refreshing addition to any arrangement, lemon leaves add both texture and color.
– Moss: A great way to add natural elements to an arrangement, moss can be used as a ground cover or filler.
– Seeded eucalyptus: A beautiful filler plant with a delicate scent, seeded eucalyptus is often used in wedding arrangements.
How to Care for Your Florist Greenery?
Most florist greenery is relatively easy to care for and can last a long time with proper care. Here are some tips on how to care for your florist greenery:
– Water regularly. Most florist greens will need to be watered at least once a week, and more often if they are in a particularly dry or hot environment.
– Mist regularly. In addition to watering, many greens will also benefit from being misted with water on a regular basis. This helps to keep the leaves from drying out and keeps them looking fresh.
– Fertilize monthly. A weak fertilizer solution applied monthly will help keep your greens healthy and growing strong.
– Prune as needed. Periodically pruning your greens will help them to maintain their shape and prevent them from getting too leggy or overgrown.
With proper care, your florist greens can last for several months. Enjoy your beautiful green plants!
As you can see, there are a variety of ways that florist greenery can be used. From adding a touch of green to your home décor to creating stunning and unique floral arrangements, the possibilities are endless. So next time you’re at your local florist, be sure to ask about their selection of florist greenery and how you can use it to add a little something extra to your home or special event.